Are you interested in being a volunteer driver?
Transportation is one of the top problems facing older adults in our community. NV Rides connects Northern Virginia area volunteer drivers with seniors living independently. You can become a part of the transportation solution by being a volunteer driver.
Volunteer drivers allow seniors to continue living in their own homes and communities as they age—safely, independently, and with an enhanced quality of life—by providing access to support services and social programs. Allowing older adults to age in place increases their personal dignity and functional independence.
Contact a Partner, listed below that is in an area where you would like to drive.
Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers
J Rides @ Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
Agudas Achim Congregation
- Set their own schedule and destinations
- Use a convenient, web-based scheduling system
- Will submit to Criminal and DMV Check
- Use own vehicle and own gas
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Why is being a volunteer driver so rewarding?
Can you imagine how it feels to need to go to the doctor for a life-saving treatment but not have a way to get there? Without transportation, simple things such as medical appointments, grocery shopping or a trip to the pharmacy become major life challenges for seniors. Many older adults live with this loss of independence every day.
- Volunteers help seniors continue living independently and to stay connected to our community.
- As a volunteer you can ease the feelings of isolation and loneliness that seniors have by driving them to medical appointments and other daily activities.
- By volunteering you are helping meet the needs of others in our community, making a difference in someone’s life.
- Our volunteers accumulate miles and miles of positive impact.
- As a volunteer driver you offer a senior a friendly contact with each ride.